100 days.............

Guest sooveroz

Guest guest17301

If I only had 100 days left in WA I would be devastated. Poor you, I hope the UK is everything you remember and more. Some of us are happy here in WA...more than happy.

Counting down the days....... bad move (even though we all do it...LOL) Minutes seem like hours, hours like days, days like weeks etc, etc, etc.

Now you have what you want get out and enjoy your last days in Australia make the most of your time left and before you know it you'll be off on that big bird to the country you love.

I hope your life will be as good as you remember it to be!

Guest sooveroz
If I only had 100 days left in WA I would be devastated. Poor you, I hope the UK is everything you remember and more. Some of us are happy here in WA...more than happy.

lucky its not you then!! glad you are happy here. but no need to feel sorry for me - i know what i'm going back to and why. and I am truly happy!!

Guest sooveroz
Counting down the days....... bad move (even though we all do it...LOL) Minutes seem like hours, hours like days, days like weeks etc, etc, etc.

Now you have what you want get out and enjoy your last days in Australia make the most of your time left and before you know it you'll be off on that big bird to the country you love.

I hope your life will be as good as you remember it to be!

thanks. just cant wait to be with those i love again.

Guest guest17301

Try looking at it as part of your life sooveroz..part of life that can be enjoyed/explored/investigated.....could be a lot worse..not quite a sentence...?

If I was in UK wouldnt call it a sentence more like time to make the most of given it's short nature. Enjoy.

Guest sooveroz
Try looking at it as part of your life sooveroz..part of life that can be enjoyed/explored/investigated.....could be a lot worse..not quite a sentence...?

If I was in UK wouldnt call it a sentence more like time to make the most of given it's short nature. Enjoy.

thanks. i do actually think like that normally. been all over oz and also to asia, and tassie. but its just things been happening back home that i need to be there for and we have such awful neighbours at the moment that it does feel like a sentence. i am literally crossing the days off the calendar. s'pose its just that feeling when your mind is made up and you are not happy with your circumstances, you just want to get on with it. we've done everything that was on my 'to do' list so it has been good but now its time to move on.

Guest guest17301

Good for you..sorry time is dragging..how awful when you're not 'at peace'..as it where. Hope time flies for you, all the very best, Fiona x

Guest LondonGal
............until we leave australia and fly home how long does everyone else still have to serve?

Don't worry sooveroz, you are not the only one who has seen the light!!:laugh:

184 days for us. Roll on next year, can't wait!! :biggrin:

29 days to go!!!!:jiggy::laugh:

Or if you want me to be really anal, 703.5 hours.

Been here since October 2008 and have been counting down the days since February, can't believe that our parole date is so close now.

I remember the countdown from 100 and it really doesn't take long we've actually found that it seems to go more quickly once you hit the 100 mark. Before you know it you'll soon be on that big bird home.

Good luck for the future.

Don't worry many people feel the same way you do,

A lot of people have burnt bridges and can't come home here to a better place.

If you have realised early on that Australia isn't the place that it says in the websites and brochures then count yourself lucky.

It is not the best place on the planet like it sounds on this forum.

Get back here to a real life as soon as you can.

All the best with your decision.

Barab.

Good luck with your journey home, life is too short to be somewhere you don't want to be. However, some people would love to have the choice of living in another country for a while and embrace it, warts and all. I lived in a filthy, dirty, damp, noisy, overpriced hellhole of a flat on a railway line in the backside of London for several years, I missed my family, became sick with the dampness, hardly could afford to eat, and knew nobody. I managed to make a life though, and look back on it with fondness. Maybe take it as experience, not a 'sentence'? (For a real experience of a sentence, ask some of the descendants of the convicts what a real sentence was to their families ). Be happy then, good luck with it.

Guest JoanneHattersley

As long as you are happy it doesnt matter where you live!

Its brave to up sticks and come here but even braver to admit that it wasnt for you and go back!

Good on ya xx

Guest sooveroz
Don't worry sooveroz, you are not the only one who has seen the light!!:laugh:

184 days for us. Roll on next year, can't wait!! :biggrin:

happy travels - it must be 183 now!!

Guest sooveroz
Good luck with your journey home, life is too short to be somewhere you don't want to be. However, some people would love to have the choice of living in another country for a while and embrace it, warts and all. I lived in a filthy, dirty, damp, noisy, overpriced hellhole of a flat on a railway line in the backside of London for several years, I missed my family, became sick with the dampness, hardly could afford to eat, and knew nobody. I managed to make a life though, and look back on it with fondness. Maybe take it as experience, not a 'sentence'? (For a real experience of a sentence, ask some of the descendants of the convicts what a real sentence was to their families ). Be happy then, good luck with it.

sounds like your previous experiences would set you up well to live in the rental I am currently in!! I think on the whole I have embraced the experience - have travelled widely and seen loads both in Australia and further afield. And not forgetting that i got here in the first place as my skills were needed and by god, they have got their money's worth out of me! But now that I have lived the experience and had a chance to reflect, its time to go back home to those I love and who love me. good luck to all whether staying or going!!

Guest flipflop
............until we leave australia and fly home :biggrin: how long does everyone else still have to serve?

Bit harsh, just because you do not like Oz does not mean other people do not love it.:dull:

Guest LondonGal
Bit harsh, just because you do not like Oz does not mean other people do not love it.:dull:

Why be so sensitive that some of us don't think that Australia is the be all and all.

It wasn't harsh and we are in the MBTTUK forum after all, what do you expect to read in here?:huh:

Guest sooveroz

lighten up - its just a bit of fun on a forum aimed at peeps returning to the UK!! if you think that is harsh then lucky you - you've obviously never been on the receiving end of some proper verbal abuse!

lost of people love it in oz - thats great for them - but i wouldnt expect many of them to be wasting their time on this forum - so hopefully it won't offend too many.

and its not that i don't like oz - there are many things i love about australia just as there are many things about the UK that i hate. but i just cant wait to get back there and am getting more excited by the day:biggrin:

I have horrible neighbours too - really horrible - it makes life quite uncomfortable - I try and stay in as much as possible to avoid them ... going to feel bad when prospective buyers of my house ask what neighbours are like - what do I say - "oh they're lovely - very quiet" or shall I tell them about loud mouthed Maori thugs, rude arrogant fijian indians, gossipy rough westie aussies... should I mention the street parties - drunken tatooed yobs ... music and loud voices and foul language until 3am......and you can't complain as most of the cul de sac are there and there would be repercusions probably .......are your neighbours Aussies or from some other country originally?

Guest sooveroz
I have horrible neighbours too - really horrible - it makes life quite uncomfortable - I try and stay in as much as possible to avoid them ... going to feel bad when prospective buyers of my house ask what neighbours are like - what do I say - "oh they're lovely - very quiet" or shall I tell them about loud mouthed Maori thugs, rude arrogant fijian indians, gossipy rough westie aussies... should I mention the street parties - drunken tatooed yobs ... music and loud voices and foul language until 3am......and you can't complain as most of the cul de sac are there and there would be repercusions probably .......are your neighbours Aussies or from some other country originally?

our neighbours are also Maori and very bogan. they only seem to shout at each other and have about 6 dogs which bark constantly. cars screeching in and out every minute of the day, crying children screaming, burning rubber tyres etc etc. not so much music but he seems to always be making phone calls in the yard in the early hours and shouting down the phone. drives me mad but they look so dodgy that to complain would probably end up with the windows being put in. now down to just over 90 days i think so will just put up and shut up!

we sold a house once that had terribly noisy neighbours in the UK - we just told prospective buyers that we both had similar 'timetables' and habits so there hadnt been any problems. you do feel a bit guilty but the other option is to never sell your house!! good luck with it.

Archived